The purpose of RV is to travel around the world with the most comfortable feel. If you have an RV for moving, then you don’t need to stay in hotel rooms because an RV has everything you need. But here we talk about the best electric heater for RV. When you travel in the winter seasons, you need this item in your RV. Also, many places in the world are colder then you experience so, you should have a heater in your RV to prevent this problem. Because without a heater the travel will become very uncomfortable.
Many RVs have little isolation system in it, but many times they can’t beat the cold weather. Due to that, you must buy an electric heater for your RV because an electric heater is the best option to warm up the RV. Another benefit is that if you are planning for camping, then it will be the best option for you to stay in cold places.
A best electric heater can supply you to control the cold environment of RV. And also high efficient heaters will prove durable to use long-lasting. Many RVs have pre-installed heaters, but many people built the RV on their requirements, so it might be possible that this type of RV doesn’t have any Heater, so you have to buy a separate heater for your RV.
Here we explained the ten top electric heaters for RV in the market. You can check the specifications of all the radiators and choose one of them according to your requirements.
Types of The Best Electric Heaters for RV
Before buying, you should know that there are many types of electrical heaters available in the market. Here we describe the types of electrical heaters for RV.
GAS- operated Heater
The Heater will depend on burning or ignition. The ignition used to fire up the burners to run the Heater. So the heat will build up and heat the air of RV. So when it achieved the ideal temperature in the RV, then the weather will start to blow the vent.
Moreover, the gas heater requires gas filling to work in. The gas can create smell If it leaks from the tube of the gas tank. It might be possible to increase the fire with more leakage of gas.
It is the most common type of heaters used in the RV. It consumed electrical energy to operate. RV used electrical energy, which converts to heat energy. And another technique is that it used a resistor which converts to electric power to run the Heater. And this heat will blow blower from the vent or thorough Fan.
It is just like the gas heater. A sealed cavity used to burn the oil, which increases the temperature in the chamber, then it will create heat in the air. After reaching the ideal point, the heat will blow from vents or ducts. But oil heaters work faster than gas heaters. And the consumption of oil is less than gas consumption to create energy. And also, the oil heaters are safe than gas heaters.
Why Should You Buy Best Electric Heater for RV?
RV is also a mobile home because it has all the essential things that you need to live. Also, an electric heater is an integral part of the RV. If your RV doesn’t have a pre-installed Heater, then you need to buy it because the Heater can manage the environment in your RV. The best thing is that the cold weather can damage the parts of RV such as wood or windows or celling etc. so the electric Heater can control the environment inside the RV to control these damages. Many times people don’t consider the cold places to travel or camping due to coldness, so if you have an electric heater in your RV, then you can go towards any site without any fear of winter season or cold places. Because due to electric Heater you can manage the situation.
Things To Be Consider Before Buying Best Electric Heater for RV
There are many things to consider before purchasing the best electric Heater for RV. A few of the things explained below:
Level of noise
Many heaters create sound, which will irritate you. So whenever you go to buy a heater for your RV, then always check the Heater did not generate any noise, and it is in silent mode. Compare the noise levels of different heaters then pick the Heater with less noise.
Power means that voltages or watts. So always choose the Heater according to your RV requirements. So before buying still check the voltage or watt range for control.
It is one of the essential features to consider. You should check how fast it can work. So before buying an electric heater, find the electric Heater, which produces more heat consuming fewer energy levels.
Always check the essential specifications and technical information of electric Heater before buying. You also find out the crucial features of the device by searching specification details.
Like other products, the electric Heater also required to consider its cost. You don’t need to buy an expensive heater for your RV. You have to search for many products and should find the best electric Heater at affordable prices with the best features and specifications.
The RV used to travel around the world, even on rough roads, which can damage the things. So always choose the Heater, which can bear the travel on rough roads and smoothly run for a long time.
A heating system still has danger, so always check the safety options in Heater. The heating options included automatic shut off in emergencies and built-in with CO or CO2 sensors.
Benefits of electric Heater in RV:
Keeps You Warm
This is the most important factor that if you an electric heater in your RV, then it will keep you warm. This is not only for travel. An RV used as a mini home so you can live in it as you live in your home. There are many other heaters you can use, but an electric Heater is best for your RV because it can create heat quickly in RV and warm up you.
Relax Your Muscles
In winter, many people face the camp problem, especially during traveling, so if you have an electric heater in your RV, then it relaxes your muscles and reduces your tension. Many times you do strick hiking or camping for long hours in cold weather, then you need some extra heat quickly. So heating your RV is a great source to warm up you and make it will make your body relax.
Use It For Other Purposes
Some electric heaters specially designed for RV because it has unique features to warm up the RV. But it does not mean that you can’t use these heaters for other purposes. You can use it in your home or office as well.
In the winter season, many parts of the RV can be damage, such as the wood of the floor, glass of window or celling of RV. But Heater can prevent your RV from these damages through controlling the environment from inside the RV.
Our Top 10 Best Pick Up Of Best Electric Heater For RV
- Dr. Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater
- GiveBest Portable Electric Space Heater
- Lasko Ceramic Adjustable Thermostat Tabletop
- Mr. Heater Corporation MH18B Portable Propane Heater
- Comfort Glow BDISC6 Original Brown Box Ceramic Disc Heater
- Broan-NuTone 655 Bath Fan and Light with Heater
- Arcon 64409 1500W/750W Compact Ceramic Heater
- Andily Space Heater Electric Heater
- Suburban (2438ABK Nt-16Seq) Furnace with Black Grill
- Honeywell HCE100B Heat Bud Ceramic Personal Heater
1) Dr. Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater
This Dr. Infrared Heater proved as one of the best Heater for RV due to its dynamic performance. It can warm up the 1000 square meters area in just a few minutes. Its infrared system makes it’s heating system faster than the ceramic convection element. The Heater is 1500 watt and works very efficiently means that it creates no problems to spread the heat continuously. We noticed one thing in this Heater that this Heater is a little bit heavy as compared to other heaters for RV. The total weight of this Heater is 19 Ibs.
If there is some fixed space in RV for the electrical Heater, then you don’t need to change it. Then it will be the best choice for your RV. Because it can travel wherever you want to go, you can go with it. It can also heat the extra space quickly. You can change the temperature according to the temperature of your RV. Also, you can set its time to 12 hours, and after completion, it will shut off automatically. But it can not shut off until it reaches the standby condition. You can control the Heater by remote.
Features Of Dr. Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater
- It has duel and efficient heating technology.
- You can set its heating time for 12 hours.
- It has the option to shut off automatically.
- You can control the heat pressure.
- The Heater can generate heat faster than other heaters for RV.
- It’s easy to manage and control.
- There is no doubt about its durability.
Specifications Of Dr. Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater
|Item dimensions||13 x 11 x 16 inches|
|Total weight||19 pounds|
|Shipping weight||22.6 pounds|
|Manufactured by||Dr. Heater|
|Voltage rate||1500 watts|
Dr. Infrared Heater
- It can cover a large area easily.
- Due to its infrared feature, its heat goes in one direction.
- It includes an LCD to show you the current level.
- Also, it has 39 dB fan.
- It has the option to control the overheat system.
- A little bit expensive.
- The weight is a bit high as compared to other heaters for RV.
2) GiveBest Portable Electric Space Heater
Here we explained another best electric heater for RV. The Heater specially designed for homes and offices, but due to its best features, you can also use it in your RV. There are three modes included in this Heater, such as 1500 watts heater, 750 watts heater, and cool below Fan. It means that you can choose the option according to the environment of your RV. Another best feature is that it will automatically shut off in case of any emergency, especially in case of overheating. Moreover, this Heater is ETL certified, so if you are searching for the best Heater for your RV, then you must try this one. It will work best for your RV. The total adjustable range of this Heater is 0 degree to 158F degree.
Features Of GiveBest Portable Heater
- The best ceramic Heater to heat the RV efficiently.
- It has the option to shut off in case of overheating.
- The Heater is portable.
- A handle attached to carry it easily.
- It has three modes of heating.
Specifications Of GiveBest Portable Heater
|Item dimensions||7 x 6.2 x 9.2 inches|
|Total weight||3.65 pounds|
|Shipping weight||3.65 pounds|
|Total voltage||1500 watts|
|Available colors||Black and Silver|
GiveBest Portable Heater
- It also has adjustable quality through the thermostat.
- The Heater is small-sized and light-weighted.
- It’s straightforward to manage and control this Heater.
- It is only useful for RV or small rooms.
3) Lasko Ceramic Adjustable Thermostat Tabletop
The first best electric Heater for RV, we explained by Lasko Ceramic. Its compact and efficient design made it valuable and impressive. This adjustable tabletop RV heater is portable. The use o this electric Heater is very versatile such as you can place on any place even on a tabletop, or you can place it on the floor or may in under the desk. This electric RV Heater has manual control, but it is not very difficult to operate. You can change its settings. Also, it has an electric ceramic element to perform different functions. It is easy to adjust and control, so it allows you to make its use personal for you.
The other best feature is that it includes all the safety options means that it will automatically shut off in case of overheating. Moreover, the Heater is very efficient. That’s it warms up you in a few times. It used 1500 watt energy, which makes it one of the best heaters which can provide you fast heating. The design of this Heater is minimal so that you can place it at any place, or you can fix it in any small area. The Heater is best for RV because of its lightweight and small size. And you don’t need to change the settings of your RV.
Features Of Lasko Ceramic Adjustable Thermostat Heater
- Its ceramic heat feature makes it more efficient with fan power.
- The Heater used 1500 watts energy.
- It has manual settings, so you change it.
- Due to its lightweight, it is easy to carry.
- Its compact design made it easily adjustable.
- The Heater can control the overheating.
Specifications Of Lasko Ceramic Adjustable Thermostat Heater
|Item dimensions||5.7 x 3.7 x 9 inches|
|Total weight||3.5 pounds|
|Shipping weight||3.55 pounds|
|Total voltage capacity||1500 watts|
Lasko Ceramic Adjustable Thermostat Heater
- The machine has the option of the self-regulating element.
- It did not create any type of noise.
- The design of this Heater is compact and stylish, which makes it efficient.
- The Heater is versatile in use.
- Some customers have an issue with auto shut off quality.
- The control system is not advanced and efficient.
4) Mr. Heater Corporation MH18B Portable Propane Heater
I like this Heater for RV because of its efficient features. It took the heating level on top. You can change the heating level from low to high by pushing just a single button. Also, it is portable. It used to increase the heat by mixing radiant heat with excitement in the air by convection. It can cover the maximum 400 square feet area for heat up. A 20-Ib tank attached to it, which can work continuously for two weeks without refilling.
The best feature of this Heater is that it has the option to shut off automatically in case of any emergency like in case of overheating or may in case of an accident. Also, it has some safety options for the Heater to control its overheating. Also, it has a cage for thick wires. Moreover, a grill is attached to it to prevent it from damages and even best for your safety because you can touch it accidentally. Besides, due to its lightweight, it is easy to carry and move from one place to another place. Also, it has a fan to circulate the heat to the entire area of RV.
Features Of Mr. Heater
- Lightweight made it easy to move from one place to another.
- It can cover the entire area of your RV efficiently.
- A fan also attached to it to circulate the heat in the air.
- The safety features of this Heater are excellent.
- It will automatically shut off in case of any emergency.
Specifications Of Mr. Heater
|Item dimensions||11.9 x 19 x 17.5 inches|
|Total weight||16.4 pounds|
|Manufactured by||Enero Group Inc|
|Available color||Red, camouflage, Grey, and Multicolor|
- It can provide you efficient heating power by pushing just one button.
- Portable and compact in size.
- The medium setting of this Heater is not bright.
- The smell of air becomes like a propane smell.
5) Comfort Glow BDISC6 Original Brown Box Ceramic Disc Heater
This Heater is very common and famous due to its best and efficient features. The Heater specially designed for RV. There are four disks used in this Heater for creating heat, which makes it famous. The Heater used 1400 watts energy to provide you efficient results. The body of this Heater manufactured by steel material, which stayed hot for a long time.
Moreover, the safety option of this Heater is also best. It can control the overheating. Due to its small size, you can easily fit it at any place, and you don’t need to change the settings of your RV. The simple rule is that you should be careful about touching it when it gets hot. It is best for RV, but you can use it in your homes and offices also. They will warm up the room in a few minutes. So if you want to buy the best electric Heater for your RV or your home or office, they must consider this item.
Features Of Comfort Glow Heater
- Comfort glow heater can cover the 600 feet area.
- It has four ceramic discs.
- Due to its lightweight, it is easy to carry and manage.
- It also has the option to shut off automatically.
Specifications Of Comfort Glow Heater
|Item dimensions||5.1 x 5.8 x 6.8 inches|
|Total weight||4.95 pounds|
|Shipping weight||5 pounds|
|Manufactured by||World Marketing of America|
|Available colors||Brown, Yellow and Black|
|Total voltage||1500 watts|
Comfort Glow Heater
- Included safety options in case of an emergency.
- It has four discs to create heat more quickly.
- The Heater creates a little bit of noise.
6) Broan-NuTone 655 Bath Fan and Light with Heater
Here we describe another best electric heater for your RV by Broan-Nu Tone. The construction of this Heater is imposing. It shows in its shine. The design of this Heater I slike a tank, which makes it more durable for a long time. The Heater manufactured with plastic, rubber, and steel, which makes it shiny and beautiful. It is 1500 power watts to heat the small rooms much faster.
The best feature Is that when the power of Heater is ON, it will show you by an LED light. And another view used to indicate the sign of overheating of the Heater. Moreover, it included a fan to control the temperature of the Heater. Also, it has an extra fan attached used to make the air of your RV more fresh and pleasant. But the Heater creates little noise as compared to other heaters of RV. Besides, the Heater is very easy to install and manage.
You have to do one thing only that connects this Heater with the electric power of your RV. Due to this quality, the Heater ranked in top heaters for RV.
Features Of Broan-NuTone Heater
- Includes both function heater and Fan. You can use both items together or separately.
- Has a 100-watt bulb to show you the current situation and overheating signs.
- It is a 1300 watt heater.
- Required a 20 amp circuit.
- Cover 65 square feet of area.
- It also has the Fan to made the environment of RV more pleasant and comfortable.
Specifications Of Broan-NuTone Heater
|Total weight||12 pounds|
|Item dimensions||16.8 x 10.6 x 8 inches|
|Size||70 CFM 4.0 Sones|
|Total voltage||1300 watts|
|Shipping weight||12 pounds|
|Airflow capacity||70 CFM|
- The construction o this Heater is excellent and durable for a long time.
- One LED light used to show the current in Heater.
- It has the option to shut off automatically.
- One LED light used to show the overheating of the Heater.
- The Heater creates a little bit of noise as compared to other electric heaters for RV.
7) Arcon 64409 1500W/750W Compact Ceramic Heater
This Heater ranked one of the best portable heaters for RV in the market. The Heater is a small size and low weight. So you can easily carry it with your self, and it did not require any extra space in your RV. It can easily and quickly heat your RV. The Heater specially designed for RV, but it does mean that it can work only in RV. You can use this electric Heater to heat small rooms or other small spaces.
The Heater is small, but it has 1500 watts power with efficient performance. The construction of this Heater done by aluminum material, which made is useful for a long time. The functions of the Heater are manual so you can adjust its temperature level according to the temperature of your RV. Moreover, it included a Fan to control the speed of heat. Due to its small size, you did not require any extra space in your RV to adjust it. You can place it at any little place in your RV easily.
Features Of Arcon Compact Ceramic Heater
- The design of this electric Heater is small and compact.
- It is 1500 watts heater.
- The Heater is efficient in heating the RV in a few minutes.
- It also has the option to control the overheating through Fan.
- Arcon compact ceramic heater is portable
- You can fix it at any small place, quickly.
Specifications Of Arcon Compact Ceramic Heater
|Total weight||3.4 pounds|
|Shipping weight||3.4 pounds|
|Item dimensions||8.8 x 8.8 x 8.7 inches|
|Total voltage||1500 watts|
|Available colors||Grey and Black|
Arcon Compact Ceramic Heater
- The total weight of this Heater is only 3.4 Ibs.
- The design of this Heater is very compact and small.
- Besides its small size, the efficiency level is excellent.
- It provides excellent performance.
- The price is a little bit high then other electric heaters.
- The Fan of this Heater creates noise.
8) Andily Space Heater Electric Heater
This Heater is small-sized but can create heat efficiently. It has a maximum of 1500 watts power to create heat. The noticeable thing of this Heater is that it has three modes for heating, such as the only Fan, second is low heat, and the third is high heat. And it has a light indicator which used to tell you about that when to plug in Heater and when to plug it off. Like many other electric heaters, it can create heat in a few minutes quickly. All the functions of this Heater perform very well and efficiently.
Moreover, it has a thermostat used to check the warm-up level of the Heater. There are two safety option s in this Heater. The first option is that it will automatically shut off in case of overheating, and the other possibility is that the switch will off automatically whenever it will accidentally fall on the floor or another thing. Besides, the other features include the handles on its side, which makes it easy and comfortable to carry it and move it to any place. Due to its fans, it creates some noise during performing.
Features Of Andily Space Heater
- It has three heating modes, such as Fan, low heat, and high temperature.
- Included an LED light indicator to instruct you about a plugin or plug off.
- Also, it has a thermostat to show you about the heat up level of this Heater.
- It also has two safety options.
- The Heater will heat your Rv in a few minutes.
Specifications Of Andily Space Heater
|Type of Heater||PTC|
|Item dimensions||10.9 x 9.4 x 6.7 inches|
|Total weight||3.2 pounds|
|Shipping weight||3.2 pounds|
|Total voltage power||750 to 1500 watts|
Andily Space Heater
- It has handles on the side to carry.
- There are two safety options.
- Some customers have an issue related to their durability.
9) Suburban (2438ABK Nt-16Seq) Furnace with Black Grill
I also have an RV, and I know the importance of the best Heater for RV. So here, we describe one of the best electric Heater for your RV manufactured by Suburban. All the products by this company are best, but this Heater has special features for your RV. The maximum voltage used by this Heater is 1600 watts. So it can cover the 800 square feet are to heat up quickly. It is very easy to install and manage.
It used electronic ignition. Moreover, it is light weighted Heater so you can move it quickly. Also, you can use it for your homes or offices. So if you want to buy the best Heater for your RV or apartments, you must consider this item at once because it has all the qualities to heat your RV thoroughly in a few minutes. Also, it has a safety option to shut off efficiently, so you don’t need to worry about it if it gets overheated.
Features Of Suburban Heater
- The design of this Heater is incredible and small.
- All the functions of this item perform very well.
- It used 1600 watts power to heat the whole RV in a few minutes.
- It can cover a maximum of 800 square feet area.
- The Heater is very easy to install and manage.
Specifications Of Suburban Heater
|Total weight||24.2 pounds|
|Item dimensions||23.7 x 13.7 x 11.5 inches|
|Shipping weight||24.2 pounds|
- It can heat the whole RV in a few minutes.
- Very easy to install in RV.
- It will automatically shut off.
- The price is a little high.
- It is not portable.
10) Honeywell HCE100B Heat Bud Ceramic Personal Heater
An RV used to travel around the world. So many places are much colder then you think and you always need a heater to heat your RV. So here, we describe the best electric Heater for your RV by Honeywell. This Heater is portable and energy-efficient. It means that it consumes less energy to provide you best heat up results. The total voltage used by this Heater is only 250 watts. The design of this Heater is very stylish and compact. You can easily adjust it to any place. The control system of this Heater is manual so that you can change the settings according to your RV’s environment. There is a tip-over button for safety reasons. It will shut off whenever it gets overheat up. Moreover, it stayed cool so you can touch it even during running. All the functions of this Heater are very flexible to adjust.
Features Of Honeywell Heater
- The manual system made it easy to control.
- Included two settings for heat, such as 170 watts and 250 watts.
- It remains cool.
- It has a tip-over switch to shut it off quickly in case of overheating.
- The design of this Heater is compact and flexible and easy to fit.
- Offers three years guarantee.
Specifications Of Honeywell Heater
|Item dimensions||5 x 4 x 7.8 pounds|
|Total weight||1.05 pounds|
|Shipping weight||1.6 pounds|
|Available colors||Black and Silver|
|Total voltage||250 watts|
- Its small size made it easy to carry.
- Due to its manual system, it is straightforward to control and manage.
- The Heater is portable.
- The durability is not for a long time.
How To Maintain The Best Electric Heater for RV?
Every product in the RV required some care and maintenance. You cant buy essential products regularly. Electric Heater is one of the essential items in your RV. So if you want to use it for a long time, then you have to follow some maintains tips explained below.
1. Cleanliness heater
Cleaning is the most important thing to do for durability. So before cleaning your electric, Heater always turns off all the switches attached to your Heater. Then remove the grill from the inside and wipe it with soft tissue or cloth. Then blow the heater form inside with a vacuum, but if you don’t have a vacuum, later simply try your hair drier. Clean the other parts with a soft brush.
2. Careful before buying
If You know much about electric heaters, then you must test it before buying. Always choose the Heater after reading its specifications and choose the Heater according to the requirements of your RV. Never waste your money on an expensive Heater. Try to find the Heater with the best features at a reasonable price.
RV used for travel around the world. So there should be an extra space to keep the electric Heater because there are many roads with jumps and hurdles, so if you place your Heater on the flat floor of the RV, then it will fall and got damaged. So always fixed it in a small and compact place in your RV.
4. Proper settings
If your Heater has a manual setting system, then you’ll never face difficulty, but if the Heater as some complicated settings, then always set it according to the environment and let it go to do its work. Never change the settings again and again.
5. Never cover the cord
Whenever the electric Heater is ON and is on working position, then never try to hide it because it got dangerous. So always keep it without any cover.
6. Follow the instructions
Heater attached some guidelines about how to use an electric Heater in RV. So never ignore these instructions. Always follow them. Because it included all the warnings about the machine.
7. Use other methods for heat up
Whenever the weather is not cold enough, and it’s just a little chilly, then you don’t need to plugin the Heater. Plug it off and use other methods to warm you up to such as drink hot coffee or use a blanket to heat up. Through these precautions, you can save energy in your RV.
8. Turn off
Whenever you leave the RV and go outside. Always remember to shut off the electric Heater in your RV. Because it will waste the power energy of your RV, and it might be possible to cause fire hazards.
As we know, Best Electric Heater for RV is one of the essential items to buy for your RV. Especially if you are a tourist and you want to explore the world. And you know that there are many cold places in the world where you can’t survive without any extra tool which used to overcome the coldness. There are many types of heaters you can use in your RV, but electric Heater is more common than others. You will find several electric heaters in the market. You will get confused about which one you should buy.
But now you don’t need to worry about it. Here we explained the top ten best electric heaters for RV. You have to choose one of the best electric Heater according to the requirements of your RV. We must say that if you want from the above-explained products, then you never regret it. So don’t waste your time. Go and buy an electric Heater for your RV.
What is the range of input frequency?
It almost connects 110v receptacles.
Is this Heater have duel voltage power?
If you think that the duel power is 240 watts, then the answer is no because it can only work on 120 volts. But if you want to use this Heater at 240 volts, then you need to buy a new converter to attach with it.
Is this Heater directly plugged into a wall, or you have to cord a strip to the plugin?
It all depends on its power voltage and strip. The long wire can create a problem, so if you use 10 to 12 AWG wire, then it will be ok. But if you 16 AWG long wire, then it will be not ok.
What is the total price of electricity?
The cheapest heaters for RV are fuel-filled heaters. They use only 200 watts of electricity, but they take one hour to heat the room thoroughly.