RV is just like a small home, so it is necessary to include all accessories in it. Because many people use RV just like home. Especially people use it for long camping seasons in different places. In this article, we talk about the best electric tankless water heater for rv, which is essential in winter seasons for hot water. Before going hiking or camping must check the tank full of water. The standard tank can store 5 to 6 gallons of water which is not enough for entire group members.
But now there is a solution to this problem in the shape of a tankless water heater which will provide you with continuous hot water, and it is enough for all group members. So you can enjoy your outdoor activities more. You can also convert electric water heater into a tankless one.
Table of Contents
List of best electric tankless water heaters for RV:
- PrecisionTemp RV-550 Tankless Water Heater
- Camplux 5L 1.32 GPM Outdoor Portable Propane Tankless Water Heater
- Excel Pro Tankless Gas Water Heater NATURAL GAS 6.6 GPM Whole House
- Eccotemp L10 2.6 GPM Portable Tankless Water Heater
- Camplux 10L Outdoor 2.64 GPM Propane Gas Tankless Water Heater
- Marey Power Gas 10L 2.7 GPM Propane Gas Digital Panel Tankless Water Heater
- Suburban – 5117A Water Heaters 6 Gallon
- Atwood AT91522 White Door Assembly
- Portable Propane Tankless Water Heater
- EZ 101 Tankless Water Heater – Propane (LPG)
1) PrecisionTemp RV-550 Tankless Water Heater
If you don’t want to take cold showers while traveling in your RV, then you must buy this water tankless water heater by PrecisionTemp. It will provide you with a smooth supply of hot water without any hassle. You can feel like you are home. The product is specially designed for recreational vehicles such as RV, trailer or camper, etc.
But you can use it in your small house easily. All the functions of this electric tankless water heater are efficient and reliable. All the good and durable materials are used in manufacturing. Due to its compact size, you can place it in a small space easily. The installation process is straightforward. You did not need to hire any professional to fix it.
You can fix it by following some directions. It used less energy level. Moreover, the total weight of this heater is 32 pounds, and it can store ten gallons of water quickly. The central control system of this heater is VariFlame technology which makes it more efficient and reliable. It will adjust its temperature level according to the water level automatically.
Features of Precision
- The maximum water capacity is 10 gallons
- It required to turn on the heat water button
- The design is very compact and easy to adjust
- The automatic adjustment system of temperature level according to water level
- Consumes less energy level
- Easy to install according to the direction
- Easy to install
- Compact size and reliable
- An ideal choice for RV
- Durable and efficient
- The weight is a little bit heavy
2) Camplux Portable Propane Tankless Water Heater
If you want to buy a reliable and durable tankless water heater for your RV, then take a look at the heater by Complux. It is a portable heater which is the best choice for a recreational vehicle. This brand is famous in the market for electronics. The heater will check the temperature level and keep it hot according to your requirement.
The main features of this tankless water heater are innovation, energy-saving mode, and portability, which makes it more attractive. All the functions are efficient enough to perform so it will save the energy level. You can increase the temperature level up to 46 degrees For 1.32GPM. Or you can leave the automatic temperature level without any hassle.
Besides, the compact size makes it more comfortable to place. Also, it attached a folding handle to carry it easily. The other noticeable thing is that it has already some safety precautions so it will prevent your device from being damaged. It will provide a maximum of 1.32 GPM hot water for continuous supply.
Features of Complux
- It is portable which makes it easy to use in outdoor
- Safety precautions included preventing the device from damages
- Provide an ideal level of water temperature up to 132 GPM
- Main features included innovation, energy-saving mode, and portability
- Provide continue water supply
- Folding handle attached for easy to carry
- The compact size makes it more comfortable to place
- Efficient performance
- Safety precautions
- Handle attached
- Compact size
- A little bit expensive as compare to other
3) Excel Pro Tankless Gas Water Heater NATURAL GAS 6.6 GPM Whole House
If you are looking for a reliable tankless water heater, then must consider this product by Excel Pro. It is famous in the market due to its efficient performance. It used a low level of water pressure, such as the minimum level of water pressure is 2-PSI, and the maximum level of water pressure is 120-PSI. The model is advanced, so it did not require any pressurizer pump like other heaters.
It is specially designed for a recreational vehicle such as an RV, trailer or camper, etc. Also, you can use it for small homes easily. It will provide you with a smooth water supply. You need to tap the hot water button so it will save energy consumption levels.
Moreover, the model is very stylish, which will increase the decoration of your kitchen or laundry area. Besides, you don’t need any professionals because it is vent-free, which means that you can fix it by yourself quickly.
Features of Excel
- An ideal choice for a recreational vehicle such as RV, trailer or camper, etc
- Consume low energy level
- Stylish design to increase the decoration
- Need to tap hot water button for getting hot water
- Use a low level of water pressure
- The installation process is easy due to vent-free technology
- Consume less energy level
- Easy installation process
- Low water pressure level
- Reliable for a limited period
4) Eccotemp L10 2.6 GPM Portable Tankless Water Heater
If you want to buy a tankless water heater for camping season, then you should buy this product by Eccotemp. The best thing about this tankless water heater is that it is portable and light-weighted so you can easily use it for outdoor uses. You can easily use it for cleaning your pets or washing your vehicle while camping in the winter season.
It will make your camping season more enjoyable by supplying hot water full time. It is easy to use for all types of recreational vehicles such as RV, trailer or camper, etc. because it is portable. The other advantage is that you can attach a garden hose with it so you will enjoy a hot shower at any place.
Due to its versatility, you can use it in small homes or apartments also. The other noticeable thing is that it is useful in areas where electricity is not available because of its D cell battery system. It used a 12V pump for water pressure.
Features of Eccotemp
- Ideal choice to use in outdoor places
- Useable for small homes and apartments etc
- Its compact and lightweight design makes it more attractive
- Due to portable quality, it is easy to carry at any place
- Used 2D batteries for performing
- Option to attach a hose with it for a hot shower
Eccotemp L10 2.6
- Easy installation process
- Use low water pressure level
- Versatile functions
- Limited warranty
5) Camplux Portable Propane Gas Tankless Water Heater
Outdoor camping is one of the best activities because we can feel nature like never before. But if you plan to camp in a cold area, then you must buy a tankless water heater by Camplux. It is one of the best water heaters in the market due to its features and specifications. It used 2.64 GPM water pressure to take the start and provide you with a comfortable and smooth water supply.
Its elegant and stylish design will make it more attractive. The other best thing is that it has safety precautions so it will prevent your device from being damaged. Also, it has anti-freeze technology which makes it able to use in cold areas and higher temperatures quickly.
Moreover, it has different temperature settings so you can change it according to your need. Its lightweight quality and compact design will save energy levels. Besides, it already included adapters and gas regulators, so you don’t need to buy these tools separately.
Features of Complux
- Useful for indoor and outdoor both places
- Compact and lightweight design makes it comfortable
- Its stylish and elegant look makes it attractive
- Used 2 D batteries to provide batter water supply
- Unable to use for drinking water
- Easy installation
- Reliable and efficient
- Different types of showerheads included
- Hard to adjust water temperature
6) Marey Power Gas Propane Gas Digital Panel Tankless Water Heater
Marey Power Gas provides one of the best tankless water heaters in the market. It is specially designed for a recreational vehicle such as RV, camper, and trailer, etc. the best thing about this heater is that it will perform without electricity through charging batteries.
Also, it is rustproof, which makes it a more demanding product among RV owners. It will provide you with reliable and steady connections, so there will be no leakage problem. It is durable to use for a long life span, but it required some maintenance and care.
Due to its compact design, it will take less space. moreover, when you shut down the device, it won’t use any energy. It used strong and durable materials in manufacturing. Besides, you can also use it in your small home.
Features of Marey
- Its compact and small size makes it easy to adjust
- Used batteries to perform in case of electricity problem
- Easy to adjust according to your need
- Option to increase the temperature level
- Used reliable and robust materials in manufacturing
- Durable to use for long life span
Marey Power Gas
- Prevent from leakages
- Used batteries
- Compact and small size
- Stylish and elegant look
- Might it be possible to create a problem in case of increasing temperature level
7) Suburban – 5117A Water Heaters 6 Gallon
The suburban brand will provide you best tankless water heater for your RV., so if you plan to go camping with your family, then you must try this tankless water heater because it has a capacity of 6 gallons which is enough for your whole family. So if you want to enjoy a shower in the pool then it will provide you long and smooth hot shower without any hassle.
The recovery time of this water heater is 10.2 gallons per hour which is considered the fastest in the market. But if you want to increase the recovery time then try to use an electricity or gas system. If you use electricity, then the water output will be 10.2 GPH, and if you want to use a gas element, then the water output will be 10.2 GPH. Moreover, due to its compact size, it is easy to adjust in a small space. Also, it is lightweight, so it is easy to move from one side to another.
Features of Suburban
- Ideal choice to use an RV or other recreational vehicle
- Used 2D batteries for batter performance
- Due to its compact size, it is easy to adjust
- Its versatile functions make it easy to use also for small homes
- Strong materials used in manufacturing
- Efficient performance
- Affordable and excellent quality
- An ideal choice for recreational vehicle
- Prices are higher
8) Atwood AT91522 White Door Assembly
If you are a beginner and you want to install a tankless water heater in your RV, then you must try this heater by Atwood because it has an easy installation process. You can install it within an hour by following instructions. Also, you don’t need to buy any extra tools used in the installation process. The best thing is that it has both elements such as Gas and an electronic system, which makes it more comfortable.
It will provide you with more hot water. You need to tap the hot water button. By using the electronic system, it will provide 11.6 Gal hot water per hour, and by using Gas, it will provide you with 6.2 Gal hot water per hour. And if you combine both systems, then it will provide you with a total of 17.8 Gal hot water per hour. It is flexible to use and operate.
It is specially designed for the recreational vehicle, but due to its versatility, you can use it in your homes. So it is the ideal choice for camping because you can get hot water at any time. Moreover, the total capacity of this water heater is 6 gallons which are enough for a small family.
Features of Atwood
- Option to use both elements such as Gas and electricity
- Don’t need to hire any plumber for installation
- Required one hour for the installation process
- The total capacity of water is 6 gallons
- An ideal choice for camping
- Big enough for small family members
- Easy installation process
- An ideal choice for camping
- Enough for small family members
- High prices
9) Portable Propane Tankless Water Heater – EZ 202 – EZ Tankless
The tankless water heater by EZ Tankless is one of the popular products in the market. The best thing about this water heater is that it is portable, which is an ideal choice for a recreational vehicle such as RV or camper etc. it will provide you complete satisfaction with its efficient performance.
The maximum capability of supplying water is 3.2 GPM using temperature levels up to 450 degrees F., so it is best for camping or other outdoor activities in the winter season. It used a low water pressure level, which saves energy levels. The design of this water heater is exquisite. Also, it has all the safety precautions. Moreover, it is big enough for the entire family members. It will automatically shut off in case of water goes off.
Features of Portable
- All functions will provide efficient performance
- Water supply capability id 3.2 GPM
- Safety precautions already included
- Automatically shut off in case of emergency
- Ideal choice to use for hunting, camping or other outdoor activities
- portable and efficient
- Easy installation process
- Ideal for outdoor activities
- Weak material used in manufacturing
10) EZ 101 Tankless Water Heater – Propane (LPG) – Portable
Here we described another product by EZ Tankless because it is a famous brand in the market. This tankless water heater is famous due to its performance. The best thing is that it is light weighted. It used 85 percent thermal built-in ignition system. Also, it is automatic, so you don’t need to operate it. Due to its automatic system, it becomes more convenient to use.
Moreover, you can control the temperature level easily by adjusting three knobs on it. You can use burners for heating according to your requirement. So this tankless water heater is the ideal choice for beginners due to its automatic system and easy installation process.
Features of Tankless Water Heater
- An ideal choice for camping or other outdoor activities
- It is portable and lightweight
- Provide enough water for an entire small family
- The automatic system makes it more convenient
EZ 101 Tankless
- Portable and light weighted
- Easy to adjust
- Controllable temperature level
- Automatic system
- It may create some freezing problems
Buying guide for tankless electric water heater:
If you plan to buy a tankless water heater for your recreational vehicle such as RV, camper or trailer, etc., then you must consider some essential things. In this section, we describe some tips for you to follow.
It is an essential factor to consider. Before buying must estimate your total consumption level of water. So you have to choose the size of the water heater according to your consumption level. Such as in toilet you need to use 2 to 4 gallons of water approximately, and in the kitchen, you need to use one and half-gallon of water per minute. So before buying must consider these appliances.
Water flow rate:
It means how much water is supplied per minute. You will fail to check it. So you must check that it should provide you with two and a half gallons of hot water per minute. So it will be enough for entire family members.
It is also another factor to consider before buying. You don’t need to buy any extra expensive tankless water heater. If you have a tight budget, then it doesn’t mean that you cant buy a water heater for your RV. you should search the market for finding the best electric tankless water heater at reasonable prices.
It must be easy so you can save the money which you have to spend on the installation process. Always try to choose an easy process with complete information so you can install it by yourself within an hour by following instructions and you don’t need to hire any professional.
There are three options available such as battery system, electric, and Propane. So before buying must check that which method will provide you with more benefits. The propane system and battery system are more demanding among RV users because these methods are portable and easy to use. But the electric heaters are integrated every time.
The size should be compact and small. Because in RV, the space for every appliance in particular. So you must consider this factor before buying. Always choose the right size according to your available space in RV.
Before buying must check that it attached all the necessary tools with it such as adapters, Rv showerhead, or guidebook for installation, etc.
Types of water heaters for RV:
There are two types of tankless water heaters you can choose from. There are many models available in the market with both elements. Here we explain both technologies,
The gas-type tankless heaters require Propane or kerosene for performing. The gas type of water heater is more affordable as compared to other types. But there is one problem with this type, and it required some venting to release gases because it can create pollution in the environment.
This type of heater is best for the environment because it will never create any pollution in the air. Also, it is more efficient as compared to other types. We recommend an electric heater because it is 99% more efficient than other types.
Why should you buy a tankless water heater?
There are many reasons to buy an electric tankless water heater for your RV. some of which we explained below.
The standard size of a water heater is 6 gallons which are not enough to cover the whole camping season. But the electric tankless water heater will provide you with 10 gallons per hour. And it takes a few minutes to heat the water in the tank, and you can enjoy the whole day easily.
It has the option to change the temperature level. You can adjust it according to your needs. If you don’t have time to wait, then you can press the power button to heat the water faster than before.
The electric heater is small in size. They are compact, so it is easy to adjust them into small spaces easily. Because in RV there is a particular space for every appliance. So you can adjust it into a tight place easily.
The best thing about an electric tankless water heater is that you don’t need to buy any extra tank to store the water because the electric system will provide you with RV fresh water the whole day. So there is no need to store it.
Eventually, we described the top ten electric tankless water heaters for RV. all these products are the best in the market with different features and specifications. We also explained the pros and cons of each product. If you are a beginner and you know nothing about it. So you don’t need to worry. You have just to read this article because we explained each detail related to the tankless water heater. You can choose one of the best electric water heaters for your RV.
Where we can place it in the RV?
you can install it under the sink side in RV. Because it is available in compact and small size so you can easily fit it into a tight place.
can we change the RV heater into tankless heater?
yes, you can change it by upgrading the system. You need to install some new technologies then you can change it easily.
how can we install an electric tankless water heater?
the installation process is straightforward. And every product attached some instruction with it, so you easily fit it by yourself through following some instructions. And you don't need to hire any professional.